Here at Samm’s, we value our customers. For our Preferred Maintenance members, we offer a rewards program that can help them pay for their plan. Click here to learn more about Samm’s Comfort Cash Rewards Program.
Preventative HVAC Maintenance Checkups for Your Heating and Air Conditioning System
Furnaces, heat pumps, and air conditioners are engineered to provide superior comfort and efficiency through many years of reliable service. Still, HVAC equipment must endure extreme temperatures, especially in a humid, hot climate like we have in North Texas. Regardless of your system’s age, regular preventative HVAC maintenance can help improve performance and extend the life of the equipment.
Furnace and AC Maintenance Services
Air conditioning and heating maintenance will help optimize indoor comfort and keep vital internal components free of performance-robbing dirt and grime. A properly maintained furnace or air conditioner will help improve indoor air quality and humidity control.
Either one of our maintenance plans will ensure your heat pump, furnace or air conditioning system is serviced and ready to maintain your indoor comfort as needed. We have 2 plans to choose from: Samm’s Platinum Plan or Samm’s Gold Plan. Both include precision tune-ups, parts and labor warranties, improved system efficiency, plus special offers and upgrades.
When you purchase a Samm’s Heating and Air Conditioning maintenance plan or seasonal tune-up, we dispatch factory-trained technicians on a semiannual basis to perform a variety of critical tests, inspections, and calibrations:
- Inspect and clean exchanger and burners
- Check the flame sensor (if applicable)
- Check for gas leaks at furnace and gas flex line
- Monitor voltage and amperage on blower and draft motor
- Safety test for carbon monoxide
- Calibrate/program thermostat
- Check, lubricate and tighten all wiring, electronics, and connections
- Check the ignition system
- Check ductwork for damage and leaks
Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps
- Check the R-22 pressure for refrigerant charge
- Chemically clean outdoor condenser coil
- Check inside evaporator cooling coils
- Clean primary and secondary drains
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check compressor and capacitor for indoor blower motor
- Monitor A/C cycle to verify temperature differential
- Change owner supplied air filters
- Inspect existing ductwork for leaks and loose connections
- Calibrate the thermostat when necessary
Preventative Maintenance Benefits
Heating and cooling maintenance plans offer many benefits when the work is performed by the professionals at Samm’s.
- Better Comfort: Clogged filters and accumulated dirt on interior components can impact your overall sense of comfort. When your unit isn’t performing to the manufacturer’s specifications, some rooms may feel hot and muggy in the summer and cold and drafty in the winter. Regular maintenance provides consistent comfort in every season.
- Reduced Repair Costs: Our technicians quickly locate worn parts before they actually fail. Repairing a unit during the offseason is less expensive and far less disruptive than having it malfunction during the hottest part of the summer.
- Extended Equipment Life: Properly serviced air conditioners, heat pumps, and furnaces accumulate fewer runtime hours when compared to neglected units. Dirty motors and coils force the equipment to work harder and longer to satisfy the thermostat call, which can shorten the service life of the equipment.
- Lower Utility Costs: An optimized HVAC system generates the minimum amount of BTUs necessary to properly cool and heat your home. Our techs will also identify other deficits that waste energy and degrade performance.
Complete Preventative Maintenance
Preventative equipment maintenance is essential, and every major equipment manufacturer includes regular routine service as a provision of their warranty coverage. Call us today to learn more about our flexible maintenance plans and schedule a convenient appointment.