Preventative Maintenance Checkups for Your Heating and Air Conditioning System
Furnaces, heat pumps, and air conditioners are engineered to provide superior comfort and efficiency through many years of reliable service. Still, HVAC equipment must endure extreme temperatures, especially in a humid, hot climate like we have in North Texas. Regardless of your system’s age, regular preventative maintenance can help improve performance and extend the life of the equipment.
Furnace and AC Maintenance Services
Air conditioning and heating maintenance will help optimize indoor comfort and keep vital internal components free of performance-robbing dirt and grime. A properly maintained furnace or air conditioner will help improve indoor air quality and humidity control.
When you purchase a Samm’s Heating and Air Conditioning maintenance plan or seasonal tune-up, we dispatch factory-trained, and NATE-certified technicians on a semiannual basis to perform a variety of critical tests, inspections, and calibrations:
- Inspect the heat exchanger
- Test the b-vent assembly
- Check the flame sensor
- Test the primary circuit board
- Measure furnace gas pressure
- Inspect and test the blower assembly
- Inspect and test the gas valve
- Adjust the burners if necessary
- Check wiring, electronics and connections
- Check the ignition system
- Test Safety Controls
Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps
- Check the refrigerant charge
- Balance supply registers
- Inspect defrost controls and contactors
- Test electrical connections
- Test compressor output
- Inspect electrical systems and disconnect wires
- Clear the drain lines and clean the drain pan
- Lubricate bearings and motors
- Test the blower motor
- Clean condensing and evaporator coils
- Inspect fan relays
- Inspect existing ductwork for leaks and loose connections
- Calibrate the thermostat when necessary
Preventative Maintenance Benefits
Heating and cooling maintenance plans offer many benefits when the work is performed by the professionals at Samm’s.
- Better Comfort: Clogged filters and accumulated dirt on interior components can impact your overall sense of comfort. When your unit isn’t performing to the manufacturer’s specifications, some rooms may feel hot and muggy in the summer and cold and drafty in the winter. Regular maintenance provides consistent comfort in every season.
- Reduced Repair Costs: Our technicians quickly locate worn parts before they actually fail. Repairing a unit during the offseason is less expensive and far less disruptive than having it malfunction during the hottest part of the summer.
- Extended Equipment Life: Properly serviced air conditioners, heat pumps, and furnaces accumulate fewer runtime hours when compared to neglected units. Dirty motors and coils force the equipment to work harder and longer to satisfy the thermostat call, which can shorten the service life of the equipment.
- Lower Utility Costs: An optimized HVAC system generates the minimum amount of BTUs necessary to properly cool and heat your home. Our techs will also identify other deficits that waste energy and degrade performance.
Complete Preventative Maintenance
Preventative equipment maintenance is essential, and every major equipment manufacturer includes regular routine service as a provision of their warranty coverage. Call us today to learn more about our flexible maintenance plans and schedule a convenient appointment.